This is George Cherpanathan.
For your personalized detailed prediction on your horoscope.
You can call me At +9199239 43448 ; +9188554962920 for an appointment or you can mail your queries. Charges applicable.
Mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
ASHWINI NAKSHATRA GENERAL RESULTS
ASHWINI= "light healers" who work with polarity and pulse, such as pulsing laser light beams. They are a pair and inseparable. Naturally, they have superb hearing and are extremely sensitive to vibration.
- "The Ashwins desired, "May we be possessed of good hearing and not be deaf. "
- One who makes the appropriate offering to the Ashwins and to Azvini becomes possessed of good hearing and will not become deaf.
- Ashwins Nakshatra grants the power of hearing on both outer and inner levels.
- That is why this Nakshatra relates to secret knowledge and to miraculous powers."
Signifying commencement or beginning, the constellation featuring Ashwini is symbolic of a horse's head. Etymologically implying birth from a female horse, the symbolic significance of horse with regard to Ashwini nakshatra or birth star lies in its power, strength, vitality, courage and ability at swift action. With 'ketu' or south lunar phase being its lord, Ashwini Nakshatra reflects the dynamism of its planetary lord 'ketu'.
Physical attributes: The Native born in Ashwini Nakshatra will have a beautiful countenance. His/her eyes will be bright and large. Native’s forehead would be broad and nose a little bigger.
Astrology says that every nakshatra has its own effects on the natives born under it. Nakshatra influences as well as determines the life, nature and temperament of its natives. Ashwini is the first nakshatra in the constellation. Let’s see the impact of Ashwini on the life of its natives.
Ashwini nakshatra (Castor and Pullox). From 00.00 to 13.20 Mesha or Aries. Devata for Ashwini Nakshatra is Ashwi or the Duality known as Ashwini Kumar Twins, the physician of the Gods. Symbol – the head of a horse. Ruler Ketu. So, by the influence of this star the native is expected to be equestrian (horse-ride) or a soldier, also a physician with marvelous power to heal. The after-speak of physician’s excellence or process. It is possible, in the horoscopes of these physicians it will be seen that the Graha for successful medical practice is positioned in Ashwini Nakshatra. From Ashwi is supposed to be derived carriages for animals for transport, everything related to transport and transport department. The Puranas relate that the two Ashwini Kumaras were born of mother Sanga and father Ravi. The mother held the solar semen in her nostrils, for otherwise she could not hold it, it is so strong. They are the twins of Sanga and therefore this Nakshatra is supposed to produce twins. Mars in this Nakshatra – especially if the Lagna is in Kumbha and Mars in bhatrusthana indicates twin brother and sister for the native. Or if Ravi, Guru or Pitru Karaka or lord of the Bhava signifying father or son in a similar way is in this Nakshatra then the father or any of the uncles or any of the children may be one of the twins.
According to Indian astrology Ashwini nakshatra falls in the category of Gandamoola nakshatra. Ketu is the ruling planet of this nakshatra. Astrology says that the natives of Ashwini are very energetic. They are active in every situation and don’t like to sit idle. They are ambitious and are not satisfied by petty things. Their interest lies in bigger issues and they invest their energy to achieve huge profit out of it.
If you are born when the Moon was in Ashwini nakshatra, you are scrupulous, prosperous, obedient, truthful, and obtain all comforts. You are endowed with good family and children and wealth. You are daring, handsome and well off. You are a capable administrator, cruel, of big body and respected. You sacrifice money, have a good conduct and an enjoyer. You are quick and candid, a knower of scriptures, rational and succeed in quarrels. You have long hands and wide eyes. You are respected by kings and speak sweetly. You are daring, arrogant, thief, and a fraud. You are unkind, practice forbidden paths, intelligent, and contain some symbol on their girdle. You are fickle and undertake traveling. You may court other women and are farsighted. You are not independent, but strong.
Natives born under the Ashwini nakshatra are mysterious. For this they are inaccessible to common people. They can surprise others by their sudden and revolutionary performance. They are the people who will taste the extremes to achieve their goals. They are fearless and stubborn. These people have so much potential that their works, ideas and views are unmatched, sometimes unimaginable by others.
The biggest limitation of their nature is their unsteady mind. If you were born when the Moon was in the Ashwini nakshatra then you might be short tempered. Perhaps you don’t think before doing a task but realize the consequences after completing it. The natives of Ashwini make it a point to take revenge from their enemy.
According to astrology the natives of Ashwini are born romantic. They cannot be ruled by power or pressure but they are the seekers of love and affection. They are ideal friends and maintain loyal friendship till their last breathe. They don’t have a pretentious nature.
These people are hard on outside but are usually very soft hearted from inside. They might have a struggling childhood. It is seen that the natives of this nakshatra are determined and relax only after completing their assigned jobs.
- A happy carefree disposition, very intelligent ,n fact a rather above average person in this respect.
- He will be quite successful and his financial status will be such that he will seldom have to worry about money matters.In spite of his ability to achieve success,he will be modest concerning himself and his achievements."
- Physical features : Male born in Ashwini Nakshatra will have a beautiful countenance. His eyes will be bright and large. Forehead broad and nose a little bigger.
- Natives have a horsey ambience - large teeth, likes to run, independent and psychicly attuned
- Azvini has a Twin, either a psychic twin or a physical twin - a person to whom the native can listen clairaudiently ( the power to hear sounds said to exist beyond the reach of ordinary experience or capacity, as the voices of the dead)
- Character and general events : The native may appear to be very calm and quite, but capable of getting his work done un-noticed and is more predominant in the case of native born during the period from April 14th to April 28th, when the sun will be transiting his exaltation place in Ashwini and from October 14th to October 28th, when the sun will be transiting his debilitation place in Svati. There is a saying that even Yama, the God of Death ,cannot change his adamant attitude. Those born in the Ashwini of other months will have stubbornness in a lesser degree.
- He will remain faithful to those who love him and will not hesitate to sacrifice anything for such persons. Ashwini born is the best friend in need provided others understand him. He keeps his patience even at the time of greatest perils. But it will be a hurricane task to console the native when he goes berserk. He is the best advisor to the persons in agony. But he deeply resents and fears criticism, see suggestions from others, as a frightening attempt at manipulation.
- He takes his own time to do any work. Even so, his actions may be slow but well thought. He will not jump upon any matter without examining prose and corns of each item of work. He cannot be easily influenced. Once he carries out an action or work, whether it is good or bad, right or wrong, he will stick to what he has done, come what may.
- He is a firm believer of God. But there is no room for religious or other sentiments. He is orthodox but in new style i.e., he believes in modernization of orthodox method and belief.
- Even though he is quite intelligent, at times he makes mountain of even small matters. This leads him in a state of lack of mental peace and will always be in desperate mood. He is always interested in keeping the entire surroundings neat and clean.
- Education and sources of earnings / profession : He is jack of all arts. He is generally fond of music and interested in literary pursuits. Period up to his 30th years of age will be full of struggle. He has to face obstacles even for small matters. From the 30th year of age, there will be steady and continuous progress which will continue up to 55 years of age.
- One of the predominant features noticed is that he is very stingy, but his expenditure will be more than his income due mainly to his pomp and show. He is inclined to meet his desires and needs at any cost.
- Family life : He loves his family in entire sincerity. However, he is subjected to hatred by his own family members due to his adamant behavior. Affection that was expected and the care that was required, cannot be derived from the father of the native. In other words, the natives as also his co-borns will be neglected by their father. Whatever help he may derive is only from the side of his maternal uncle. Maximum possible help will come from those who are outside the family circle.
- Normally marriage takes place between 26 to 30 years of age. There will be more sons than daughters.
Females born in this Nakshatra will have more or less the same general results as mentioned in the case of male natives. In addition, she will have the following results :
Physical features : Eyes will be bright and small resembling to that of a fish. She has a magnetic look.
- Character and general events : She has the technique of bringing anybody near to her with her sweet speech. She maintains utmost patience. She indulges in too much sexual operations. She is pure hearted. Even while living in the modern society she maintains the age old tradition of respecting elders.
- Education, sources of earning / profession : If employed she may either be not interested in the work after 50 years of age and may quit the job or seek voluntary retirement. It is not a negative point. She may do so, as her financial or other conditions would have improved by her 50th years of age, and she no longer requires any work for her livelihood. She will thereafter devote herself to the welfare of the family and to some extent do social work, provided other planetary positions are not adverse. Administrative type of job (including possibility of Indian Administrative Service for an Indian) is earmarked for her.
- Family life : Normally marriage takes place between the period of 23 years to 26 years of age. It has been noticed that in case marriage takes place at a young age i.e., before the age of 23 years, such marriage ends either at divorce, separation from the husband for long time or even death of the husband.
- There will be more female children than male children. She is quick to respond to the needs and desires of her children to pursue the interest of the children. Whenever time permits, these females do cleaning of the house and household articles and they force others to do the same.
- Health : Her health will generally be good. Main cause of her ailments is unnecessary mental worry and anxiety. In some cases, when such worry or anxiety goes beyond control, it has been noticed that brain disorder of mild type takes place at a later stage. She should always be careful while cooking or while handling fire. In the modern society, motor vehicle accidents have also been noticed.
Although this technology and other light-healing methods like it were forgotten as civilization slipped into the bottom of the cycle, we are coming back up and collective memory is returning.
Symbol of the Nakshatra
- horse's headAuspicious activities Ashwini
- taking medicine,
- making ornaments,
- beginning lessons,
- beginning architectural studies,
- buying or selling
- starting a journey via elephants or other vehicles.Ashwini = Bija (seed) syllables
- pada-1 = choo (k)
- pada-2 = chay (ch)
- pada-3 = cho (T)
- pada-4 = laa (r)Guna of the Azwini NakshatraDharma = observation, comprehension, understanding
- "The symbol for Ashwini is a horse’s head representing a dauntless spirit of adventure and a head-strong nature.The ruling deities are the Ashwini twins who ride in a golden chariot and shower healing energy down to the earth plane.
- They are the “Physicians of the Gods”.
- Their shakti 9 is the power to quickly heal and reach what they desire.
- This is a nakshatra of initiation, revitalization and transformational healing.
- The Ashwini natives have a deva, or godly temperament, and their primary motivation is dharma.
- The ruling planet is Ketu (South Node of the Moon), which gives a mystical and mysterious bent to their life journey."
Ashwini – The Horse Head
Ashwini (00.00-13.20 Aries) signifies commencement, particularly the energies of Ketu. It is marked by a pair of bright stars in the constellation of Aries. Ashwini is translated into ‘Born of a Female Horse’ or ‘Horse Lady’. As an alternative, Ashwini is also known as Asvayuj or ‘she who yokes horses’.
The constellation is symbolized by the head of a horse reflecting commencement (of a journey). While the horse itself is a symbol of power, strength, courage and vitality, its head indicates swift action.
Character: The native may appear to be very calm and quite, but capable of getting his work done un-noticed and is more predominant in the case of native born during the period from April 14th to April 28th, when the sun will be transiting his exaltation place in Ashwini and from October 14th to October 28th, when the sun will be transiting his debilitation place in Swati. There is a saying that even Yama, the God of Death, cannot change his/her adamant attitude. Those born in the Ashwini of other months will have stubbornness in a lesser degree.
He/she will remain faithful to those who love him and will not hesitate to sacrifice anything for such persons. Ashwini born is the best friend in need provided others understand him. He/she keeps his patience even at the time of greatest perils. But it will be a hurricane task to console the native when he goes berserk. He/she is the best advisor to the persons in agony. But he deeply resents and fears criticism, see suggestions from others, as a frightening attempt at manipulation.
He/she takes his own time to do any work. Even so, his actions may be slow but well thought. He/she will not jump upon any matter without examining prose and corns of each item of work. He cannot be easily influenced. Once he/she carries out an action or work, whether it is good or bad, right or wrong, he/she will stick to what he/she has done come what may.
He/she is a firm believer of God. But there is no room for religious or other sentiments. He/she is orthodox but in new style i.e., he/she believes in modernization of orthodox method and belief.
Even though he is quite intelligent, at times he makes mountain of even small matters. This leads him in a state of lack of mental peace and will always be in desperate mood. He/she is always interested in keeping the entire surroundings neat and clean.
Ashwini denotes spontaneity and hence this nakshatra is marked by vitality as well as initiative. In fact, Ashwini is different from the other nakshatras in its initiating aspect. A native of this nakshatra is fast and agile. The core principle of Ashwini is concerned with rapidity and pace, to achieve which one needs to be concise and direct. People born on this nakshatra, demonstrate a straightforward and no nonsense approach in their transactions.
If you are a person whose birth chart shows a prominent Ashwini, you don’t waste time in translating your impulses into thought and thought into deed, which is why your behavior may be regarded as impulsive. This is at times good, although in negative manifestation, it may be rash. Hence, in all their hurry, they may be wasting their time.
Full of life, the natives of this nakshatra are intelligent, happy go lucky creatures who are highly intelligent. They look youthful and enthusiastic, and age scarcely shows in their appearance as it shows in those born under other nakshatras. With a rising Ashwini in your ascendant, you are likely to be short, sportive, strong, appealing and innocent. It is true that these natives can be sorted from the crowd by their innocent appearance and childlike disposition. The ruling deities of this nakshatra, the Ashwini Kumaras, are attributed with charisma, style, sophistication and lavishness which are prominent in physical and mental nature of the natives.
They also have a strong and adventurous spirit that is blindly attracted to the challenges posed by the unknown. An exploratory spirit is marked with courage and Ashwini has an abundance of it. This daring nakshatra has a chivalric facet to it that derives pleasure from pursuits of heroism. For instance, a 90 year old rock climber could be none other than an Ashwini native. On the flip side, overdone chivalry is apparent in lack of prudence or eagerness to learn from past mistakes and absence of contemplation.
These natives are marked with a distinct sense of humor that is jovial and innocent. Ashwini born persons have this need for movement which makes them failures at activities that require patience. They are helpful and sensitive to the needs of others. Their energetic disposition makes them acquire short term, instead of enduring wisdom. Generally, these people love to stay well dressed and hence splurge on clothes and accessories.
Ashwini natives are straightforward people who love others with similar characteristics. Unique in their pursuits, these natives feel that they are different from others, which is translated in their pioneering spirit. Resourceful and independent, the natives of Ashwini are competent and enduring.
Education, earnings / profession: He/she is jack of all arts. He is generally fond of music and interested in literary pursuits. Period up to his/her 30th years of age will be full of struggle. He/her has to face obstacles even for small matters. From the 30th year of age, there will be steady and continuous progress which will continue up to 55 years of age. One of the predominant features noticed is that he is very stingy, but his expenditure will be more than his income due mainly to his pomp and show. He/she is inclined to meet his desires and needs at any cost.
Domestic life: He/she loves his family in entire sincerity. However, he/she is subjected to hatred by his own family members due to his/her adamant behavior. Affection that was expected and the care that was required cannot be derived from the father of the native. In other words, the natives as also his co-borns will be neglected by their father. Whatever help he may derive is only from the side of his maternal uncle. Maximum possible help will come from those who are outside the family circle.
Quarters or Padas
Aries Navamsa (00.00–3.20 Aries): This quarter is ruled by Mars. It is characterized by physical activity, courage, impulse and initiative.
- Gracious personality,
- enjoys good power and exchange ideas with learned people.
- Occupies a high position in a company or government service.
- Affected with excess bile complaints.
- If this extension also is the Lagna (ascendant)and Jupiter also is positioned here one lives up to 83 years.
- Even though you are a good executive,
- you are not generally liked by your associates and employees.
- Fat, has short nails.
- Eyes are large, may have buck teeth.
- Fond of jewels, bracelets, rings, and other ornaments of attire.
Taurus Navamsa (3.20-6.40 Aries): This quarter is ruled by Venus. It is characterized by rationality, inventiveness, grace of the Ashwini Kumaras and materialization of imagination.
- Not a good position.
- tall and clever.
- You are fond of eating spicy food and drink.
- You will have trouble through the opposite sex;
- Unless remedial measures are observed, you cannot get out of poverty.
- You are selfish and ambitious .*for the MALE only*
- Fat, has short nails.
- Eyes are large
- May be a scientist, philosopher, writer,
- Will be a leader in any walk of life.
- Walks very fast; has a habit of pacing back and forth;
- likes sea voyages
- and may deal with or work in foreign countries.
Gemini Navamsa (6.40-10.00 Aries): This quarter is ruled by Mercury. It is characterized by humor, communication, comprehensive ability and mental agility.
- You will be much learned
- and expert in various sciences and religious scriptures .
- You are exceedingly active.
- You are a good friend to those whom you can impress .*for the MALE only*
- Fat, has short nails.
- Eyes are large
- May be a scientist, philosopher, writer,
- Will be a leader in any walk of life.
- Walks very fast; has a habit of pacing back and forth;
- likes sea voyages
- and may deal with or work in foreign countries.
Cancer Navamsa (10.00-13.20 Aries): This quarter is ruled by Moon. It is characterized by collective consciousness, emotion and empathy.
- This position is the most outstanding position for Moon, provided Sun is not in conjunction.
- You attain a high education and knowledge in various branches of sciences with your own efforts.
- Mostly persons born in 12th degree to 13th degree of Asvini are
- Officers or doctors or persons holding very high position in government.
- Doctors born in this part of Azvini Nakshatra become successful in the medical field.
The same is the result when the Ascendant falls in 4th part of Azvini
- even if the Moon is positioned elsewhere.
Your distinguishing mark is that there will be a scar or mark on the head or face.
*for the MALE only*
- Hard, lean body.
- Fond of pets and animals.
- May be a preacher or a minister
Gana: Ashwini is a ‘deva’/godly nakshatra, since its presiding deities have godlike dispositions.
Auspicious for beginnings like learning new things, laying foundation, taking medicines, rejuvenation and healing, self/physical improvements, brisk thought/action, equestrian activities, buying/selling, traveling, vehicle repair, wearing jewelry/clothes, occultism, law, sacred installations, renaming
Marriage, conclusions, emotional and sexual activity, actions requiring patience, intoxication
Measures for Remedy
Ashwini natives should worship Lord Ganesha and chant the root mantra “Om Am” and “Om Im” 108 times during the lunar transition of this nakshatra to alleviate afflictions. Wearing bright colors is also recommended. All important actions should correspond to the course of this constellation for best results.
In the words of Varahamihira, the lunar influence gives Ashwini pleasant appearance, manners and intelligence. Ashwini loves accessorizing themselves and excel in their field. Rock star Jim Morrison is a typical Ashwini native, if his public outbursts are ignored.
"... she will possess a modest, clean, wholesome, and admirable character.She will have an inherent respect and admiration for older people,particularly her parents,but she will be independent of them,because of her ability to earn her own living and to make her own career .
She will have a very good figure and even, white teeth.
A capable and self-sufficient person."
from Hindu Mythology, Vedic and Puranic, by W.J. Wilkins, , at sacred-texts.com
From the hymns addressed to these deities it is not at all easy to know who or what they are. Yāska, the commentator of the Vedas, deriving the name from a root meaning "to fill," says they are called Asvins because they pervade everything, the one with light, the other with moisture.
Another commentator says they are called Asvins because they ride upon horses.
Some say that by them heaven and earth are indicated; others that they are day and night; others, again, that they are the sun and moon. Professor Roth says, "They hold a perfectly distinct position in the entire body of the Vedic deities of light. They are the earliest bringers of light in the morning sky, who hasten on in the clouds before the Dawn and prepare the way for her."
In some hymns they are said to be sons of the sun ... Surya); in others are called children of the sky; in others, again, as the offspring of the ocean. They seem to represent the transition from night to morning - night when it is passing into day.
The Asvins are said to have had Suryā, the daughter of Savitri, as their common wife. She chose them, as her life was lonely. Her father had intended her to marry Soma; but, as the gods were anxious to obtain so beautiful a bride, it was agreed that they should run a race, Surya being the prize of the winner. The Asvins were successful, and she ascended their chariot. In another passage Soma is said to have been her husband; the Asvins being friends of the bridegroom.
The Asvins are regarded as the physicians of the gods, and are declared to be able to restore to health the blind, the sick, the lame, and the emaciated amongst mortals. They are the special guardians of the slow and backward; the devoted friends of elderly women who are unmarried. They are said to preside over love and marriage, and are implored to bring together hearts that love.
A number of legends are found illustrating the power of the Asvins in healing the sick and assisting those in trouble, from which we learn that they could restore youth and vigour to the aged and decrepit; they rescued a man from drowning, and carried him in safety to his home.
- The leg of Vispala, that was cut off in battle, they replaced by an iron one.
- At the request of a wolf, they restored sight to a man who had been blinded by his father as a punishment for slaughtering a hundred and one sheep, which he gave to the wolf to eat.
- They restored sight and power to walk to one who was blind and lame.
As a result of these and other similar legends, the Asvins are invoked for "offspring, wealth, victory, destruction of enemies, the preservation of the worshippers themselves, of their houses and cattle."
The following legend of the cure they effected on Chyavana, from the "Satapatha Brāhmana," will illustrate the peculiar features of the work of the Asvins:
- Chyavana, having assumed a shrivelled form, was abandoned by his family. Saryata, a Rishi, with his tribe settled in the neighbourhood; when his sons seeing the body of Chyavana, not knowing it was a human being, pelted it with stones. Chyavana naturally resented this, and sowed dissension amongst the family of Saryata. Anxious to learn the cause of this, Saryata inquired of the shepherds near if they could account for it; they told him that his sons had insulted Chyavana. Saryata thereupon took his daughter Sukanyā in his chariot, and, apologizing for what had been done, gave his daughter to the decrepit man as a peace-offering.
- Now the Asvins were in the habit of wandering about the world performing cures, and, seeing Sukanyā, they were delighted with her beauty and wished to seduce her. They said, "What is that shrivelled body by which you are lying? Leave him and follow us." She replied that whilst he lived she would not leave the man to whom her father had given her. When they came to her a second time, acting on her husband's suggestion she said, "You speak contemptuously of my husband, whilst you are incomplete and imperfect yourselves." And on condition that they would make her husband young again, she consented to tell them in what respect they were imperfect and incomplete. Upon this they told her to take her husband to a certain pond. After bathing there, he came forth with his youth renewed. Sukanya told the Asvins that they were imperfect because they had not been invited to join the other gods in a great sacrifice that was to be celebrated at Kurukshetra.
- The Asvins proceeded to the place of sacrifice, and, asking to be allowed to join in it, were told that they could not do so, because they had wandered familiarly among men, performing cures. In reply to this, the Asvins declared that the gods were making a headless sacrifice. The gods inquiring how this could be, the Asvins replied, "Invite us to join you, and we will tell you." To this the gods consented.
In another account of this legend, it is said that, as the Asvins were physicians, they were consequently unclean; hence no Brahman must be a physician, or he is thereby unfitted for the work of a priest; but as the work of the Ashvins was necessary, they were purified, and then allowed to join the gods. They then restored the head of the sacrifice.
Professor Goldstücker says, "The myth of the Asvins is one of that class of myths in which two distinct elements, the cosmical and the human or historical, have gradually become blended into one. . . . The historical or human element in it, I believe, is represented by those legends which refer to the wonderful cures effected by the Asvins, and to their performances of a kindred sort; the cosmical element is that relating to their luminous nature.
The link which connects both seems to be the mysteriousness of the nature and effects of light and of the healing art at a remote antiquity. It would appear that these Asvins, like the Ribhus, were originally renowned mortals, who, in the course of time, were translated into the companionship of the gods."
Names for Ashvini
- Ashwini - Aswathy - Azvakinee -
- Ashvattha - Azvattha -Asvaryuj - Aswija -
- Dasradevataa -
- Vaajibha -
- Shrona -
- Dhata -
- Suta -
- NasatyaGems for KetuChrysoberyl Ketu-Ratna